3D Modelling

3D modelling

Wu Xin Ying
0328708
March 2018 - June 2018
3D Modelling

Lectures and Exercises
Week 1
At the first class, Mr Kannan gave us a briefing about this module and showed us the assignments that we need to do throughout the whole semester. He also gave us some exercise to understand about our drawings skill. He told us to draw anything that we want and show him and I drew a shoe.



Week 2
On this class, Mr Kannan introduced us a software that we need to use for modelling which is Maya. He told us to try and click any button in Maya to get familiar with the software. He also taught us some basic tools for modelling and showed us some basic techniques for modelling. After that, he gave us an exercise to let us get familiar with Maya. He asked us to model a building according to a reference given.

Reference given by Mr Kannan

This is my first time trying to model. I faced a lot of problems during modelling like I don't know how to make a box to have some curves. I tried my best to done this exercise.





Projects
Project 1 : Hard Surface Modelling

For assignment 1, we need to model a hard surface modelling. At first, I thinking of modelling a mini farm with a few building.

My sketches for the first assignment ( First Attempt)




After consultation with Mr Kannan, he told me to model something different from buildings and something special and cool such as an animal robots. He sketched an example for me and told me to use that as a reference.

Reference from Mr Kannan

After that, I used the reference that Mr Kannan gave me and also found some references from online to finalize my sketch for hard surface modelling. With the reference from Mr Kannan, I decided to model a bat robot.

References








My sketches
I separated the parts and angles of my model so that it's easier for me to model in Maya.



After getting the confirmation from Mr Kannan, I started to model in Maya. I faced a lot problem during modelling as I not really familiar with this software and the tools for modelling. I tried to press every key and explore a lot in Maya and tried to model as good as I can. Sometimes, I also ask for help from Mr Kannan and my friends.

Progress of modelling in Maya






After I finished modelling, I have to color it and I'm confusing and choosing which color is suitable for this model. At first I tried white and red but after that I changed to black and red.

First color





Second color (Final)






Final Poster (Hard Surface Modelling)




Project 2 : Organic Surface Modelling
For second assignment, we need to model a organic surface modelling such as animals, human and so on. For this assignment, I wanted to model a human character with chibi style as it looks cute. I wanted to model a girl character with the bear costume. Same as assignment one, I sketch the ideas of my model and show it to Mr Kannan. After the approval from Mr Kannan, I started to model in Maya.

References






Sketches




Progress of modelling in Maya






Final Poster (Organic Surface Modelling)





Project 3 : Hard and Organic Surface Modelling
For final assignment, Mr Kannan told us that we can model hard or organic surface model or combine both of hard and organic surface model. Mr Kannan said that we have to model something that have a story behind it and with some poses. For this assignment, I wanted to model a girl with two swords (anime style) and a little dragon beside her.

References








Progress of modelling in Maya









Final Poster (Organic and Hard Surface Modelling)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Advertising Principles and Practice

Usability and Mobile Application II

Design Research Dissertation