TYPOGRAPHY & HYPERTEXTUALITY - FINAL COMPILATION AND REFLECTION

TYPOGRAPHY & HYPERTEXTUALITY - FINAL COMPILATION AND REFLECTIon


Wu Xin Ying (0328708)

Typography & Hypertextuality

Final Compilation and Reflection


INSTRUCTIONS

Exercises

Project 1 - Story book

Project 2 - Font design

Final Project - Kinetic Typography


SUBMISSIONS

Exercise

Exericise 1 ( week 1 ) - Calligraphy


Fig 1. Verticle lines

Fig 2. Horizontal lines

Fig 3. Circles

Exercise 2 (Week 2) - Lettering

Fig. 4 Lettering

Exercise 3 (Week 3) – Type Expression


Fig. 5 Name (GIF)

Exercise 4 (Week 4 - Week 5) – Six Verbs Type Expression


Fig. 6 Six words type expresion

Fig. 7 Animated JUMBO

Project 1 - Story Book

Fig. 8 Front page of story book




Fig. 9 Page 12 & 13 of  story book


Fig.10 Last page of story book


Link to my final art work of Mr Babadook: 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5e_HMGPVxq8U3pUWV94SXMwVjA/view?usp=sharing



PDF of the story book


Youtube link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egvnFy1x4qE&feature=youtu.be

Video of animated story book


Project 2 - Font Design

Fig. 11 Completed Letterforms

Fig. 12 Generated Font

Final Project- Kinetic Typography

Fig.13 Final Poster

Fig. 14 Animated Poster

REFLECTION
Experience
This is the first time that I joined this module, I found that I was very lost and don't even know about what is typography. Moreover, I enter this module later than others and I was so panic and lost on that time and I afraid that I couldn't catch up the progression and the works that others has done.

Observation
Throughout this module, found that I have grown and learnt a lot, not just about typography, but about the lesson in life. I have learnt to arrange my time properly so that I could done the assignments on time. Although there was a lot of assignments, but we can still finished it on time if we arrange our time properly.

Findings
Throughout the whole module, I have learnt a lot about typography ,understand more about fonts and I realized that typography was very important in the field of design. Typography is one element of graphic design that can never be left out. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Advertising Principles and Practice

Usability and Mobile Application II

Design Research Dissertation