2D Animation

Wu Xin Ying
0328708
2D Animation
Week 1 - Week 14 ( March 2018 - July 2018)

Lectures
Lecture 1
On the first class, Mr Hafiz brief us on our Module Outline of 2D Animation and show us the exercises and assignments that we need to complete throughout the semester.

Lecture 2
On today's class, Mr Hafiz gave us a lecture about the 12 principles of animation.
He show us a video about the 12 principles of animation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jn5OB12u8Pw

The 12 Principles of Animation
-Squash & Stretch
-Anticiplation
-Staging
-Straight ahead & Pose to Pose
-Follow through & Overlapping
-Slow In & Slow Out
-Arcs
-Secondary Action
-Timing
-Exaggeration
-Solid Drawings
-Appeal


Exercises
Exercise 1- Flip Book Animation
Before I do the animation in Adobe Animate, Mr Hafiz Told us to sketch it in a book and then only transfer it into Adobe Animate.

Flip Book Animation


Projects
Project 1- Stop Motion Animation / Limited Animation
For this project, Mr Hafiz divides us into groups. I was in group 5 with Arailym and Umar.
We have our group discussion and come out with our ideas and storyboard.


Our Stop Motion Animatic

Stop Motion Animatic

Our Final Stop Motion Animation




After received the feedback from Mr Hafiz, I had made some changes on our final animation. I done some adjustment on the timing of the animation and sound effects. Next, I added some drawings into the animation and made it smoother.

Final Stop Motion Animation

Final Stop Motion Animation

Project 2 - Metamorphosis Animation
For this project, we need to do a metamorphosis animation which is an animation of transformation of our chosen objects to others' chose objects by using the tips of metamorphosis animation which are rotate, bounce and break. I chose guitar for my object and I need to make an animation which transform my object ( guitar) to Arailym's object ( sponge). 
First, I sketch my object on an A4 paper then I transfer it into Adobe Animate. I applied the "break" in my animation which turned my guitar into liquid and the top part of the guitar will transform into a sponge and expand after absorb the water.

My chose object

Arailym's object

My Final Metamorphosis Animation

Final Metamorphosis Animation


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Advertising Principles and Practice

Usability and Mobile Application II

Design Research Dissertation